Canada’s pharmacy professionals play a critical role in improving patient health. Apotex values the critical front-line patient support Pharmacy Professionals provide to Canadians every day. Their contributions over the years, particularly during the pandemic, have been and continue to be immeasurable. The APOthecary Heroes Awards Program is our way of honouring pharmacy professionals for all that they do – and allows Canadians to express their gratitude.
We are pleased to launch season two of the APOthecary Heroes Awards Program, dedicated to showcasing the positive impact of pharmacy professionals in our communities and Canada’s healthcare system. Sharing the same objective of World Pharmacist’ Day, this year’s program reinforces a similar message by bringing to light the importance of unity in health - calling upon pharmacy professionals who demonstrate unity for health, overcoming challenges and hurdles while standing in solidarity for the health and well-being of Canadians.
This program is open to any Canadian – including consumers, patients, other pharmacy professionals, and healthcare professionals – who wants to recognize a pharmacy professional of choice, including themselves. Nominators will be required to highlight how pharmacy professional has gone above and beyond in their day-to-day role supporting patients and/or the pharmacy practice.
All nominations are assessed on the following:
- the extent to which the nominee’s pharmacy involvement impacts patient health
- activities undertaken to support pharmacy practice
- outstanding effort for patients, their community and/or pharmacy practice
The winning pharmacy professionals are each awarded:
- a $2,500 CAD donation to a registered charity of their choice that aligns with the Apotex Giving Philosophy of improving access, increasing affordability, and fostering innovation
- an article written highlighting the winners both internally at Apotex and externally in a national Pharmacy Publication
- social media recognition across all Apotex channels
Learn more about the program here. For program rules, click here.
All nominators must be a Canadian resident of legal age of majority. Please follow the below steps to enter the program:
- If you’re a Canadian Pharmacy Professional and want to self-nominate, click here to submit your entry.
- If you want to nominate a Pharmacy Professional, click here to submit your entry.
- Complete the application form online which includes providing a description and/or supporting materials showcasing how the nominee goes above-and-beyond for patients and/or the pharmacy practice.
- Submit your entry online.
Program begins on September 25, 2022 (12:01 AM EST) and ends on October 12th, 2022 (11:59 PM EST).
We encourage you to share information about the APOthecary Heroes Awards Program with your online network. Click here for sample graphics and social media posts that you can use to spread the word!