Social Media - Community Guidelines
We are pleased to share news about Apotex worldwide, including announcements, corporate social responsibility initiatives, events and recruiting with you through our social media accounts. We will not be using these channels to advertise our products or answer product-related inquiries. Our accounts are managed by our Corporate Communications and Recruitment teams only.
Our social media accounts are not a forum for discussing products, treatments, side effects, or adverse events.
If you wish to learn more about our products, please visit our product catalogue. If you are a patient consult your physician, or if you are a healthcare practitioner, contact Apotex's Drug Info Service, DiSpedia, or your Apotex sales representative.
We do not comment on legal or regulatory matters on social media. All media inquiries should be directed to the contact below.
From time to time, we may provide links to sites/social media accounts not maintained by Apotex. Apotex is not responsible for the content posted to these sites/social media accounts and disclaims any opinions expressed on such sites. Apotex does not endorse these sites or the information contained in them.
Where our social media allows for public commenting, we do not necessarily endorse comments from visitors, nor are we responsible for any opinions, content or advice shared by our visitors.
We may need to remove certain comments posted by our visitors. We may take down comments related to:
- Products. For regulatory reasons, we are not permitted to allow content related to products beyond name, price and quantity. To ensure 'fair balance' and 'accuracy', we will remove content that compares products, makes any claims or defamatory statements, or discusses side effects.
- Medical Advice. Medical advice, while well-intentioned, may have serious consequences when not provided by a medical doctor with knowledge of a patient's medical history.
- Adverse Reactions. Our social media accounts are not monitored by our drug safety team or customer service department. For this reason, if you wish to report an adverse event related to any of our products, please contact our drug safety team at the contact information below.
- Inappropriate Comments. We will remove comments that contain vulgar or foul language, disparage/attack an individual, violate someone's privacy or dignity, or contain offensive statements regarding race, ethnicity, religion, sex, or age, or that target gender identity or sexual orientation.
- Spam. We will remove comments that are unrelated to the original post, are promotional in nature, or are irrelevant.
Apotex reserves the right to delete any comment at its sole discretion.
If you are reporting an adverse event or side effect relating to one of our products, please click here. If you reside outside of Canada and the USA, please consult your physician. For emergencies, contact your physician or your local emergency hotline, such as 911.
All product inquiries may be directed to our Customer Service department. In North America, we can be reached at 1-877-427-6839 Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET or send us an email.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Jordan Berman, Global Director, Corporate Communications, Apotex Inc.
For other inquiries, please visit our contact us page.