Canadian Business Development Opportunities
Benefits of Partnering with Apotex
Apotex is a leader in the North American generic pharmaceutical market with #1 ranking in Canada in terms of prescriptions filled, sales volume and value.
We are a vertically integrated company. Our preference is to develop, manufacture and market our own products — from API to finished dosage form to marketing and distribution.
Apotex does however have an interest in complimenting its own product portfolio/pipeline with products from third parties where they can offer:
- Early to market opportunities
- Dosage Forms Apotex does not manufacture
Examples of our successful collaboration with third parties:
- Partnership with Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd. for cephalosporin injectables for the Canadian markets
- First to launch a generic oral contraceptive product in Canada (Portia®); collaboration with Barr Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Early to market opportunities
- non-infringing API and/or formulations
Apotex has substantial experience in identifying, developing, registering and defending litigation in early to market opportunities.
Dosage Forms Apotex does not manufacture:
- Dry Powder Inhalers
- Metered Dose Inhalers
- Semi-Synthetic Penicillins
- Pre-filled Syringes
- Transdermal patches
For Dosage Forms where there is an opportunity for Apotex to contribute to Formulation, Analytical Development or Clinical Development, Apotex is interested in Co-Development.